Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Blast Focus Group answers questions about the song "Genius" by DiverSe


The Blast Focus Group. 4 Different People giving their opinions on some of the latest songs featured in The Blast. The song that is reviewed by our panel this week is “Genius” performed by DiverSe and produced by 9th Wonder of the Justus League. If you would like to give your opinion and be apart of the next Blast focus group just e-mail us at TheGiantBlast@aol.com and we will give you further instructions. All participants will remain anonymous.


Do you like this song?
The Author: Yes, this is a pretty nice song. The artist has a nice flow.
The Beatmaker: It’s aiight. Not bad, but not that good either. Typical beat from 9th, your usual soul sampled joint, an just your typical lyricist spittin’… he’s nice, but just doesn’t grab me like that.
The White Emcee: It’s ok, I would have murdered this beat though.
The Club DJ: Not feeling it. Kind of boring. The hook doesn’t grab me, nothing about this track moves me.


What do you think about the beat?
The Author: I love this beat. It has a nice melody… the track is real smooth and the artist compliments it well.
The Beatmaker: It’s ok for a 9th Wonder beat. I’d rate it a C. Doesn’t stand out too much, and the drums are just too simple for me. I could have done better.
The White Emcee: This track is sick… this is hip hop for real, but like I said before I would have murdered this beat. I would have done this beat “Justus”.
The Club DJ: Not feeling it, like I said earlier it’s just boring to me. It just don’t move me at all, sorry.


What do you think about this artist?
The Author: The artist is very talented, I love his lyrics. He’s nice to listen to. I’m looking forward to hearing more from this artist.
The Beatmaker: He’s alright, just average to me. I’d have to listen to more songs to really get into him.
The White Emcee: He’s ok… after listening to it more he starts to grow on you, but all I can say for right now is he’s ok.
The Club DJ: I’d have to hear him on something else, he would kill something more energetic if you ask me.


How would you support this record?
The Author: I could share this video link with a few of my friends.
The Beatmaker: Honestly, I wouldn’t. That’s just me.
The White Emcee: I’d have to get back to you on that, but this song sounds more like a mixtape joint than anything. The video isn’t too bad, but just not buzz worthy. Nothing to spread the news about.
The Club DJ: I really can’t get behind this one. It’s not that special to me to be honest. It’s more like an album filler at best.


What are your final thoughts?
The Author: Overall I’d say this is a good song. It’s pure, it’s hip hop. Dope beats, dope rhymes.
The Beatmaker: I’d have to hear him over a variety of stuff, this joint didn’t grab me. I’m not calling it wack, I’m just a picky ass. Lol… like I said before I’d give it a C.
The White Emcee: Just a nice, simple internet jawn. From a scale from one to 10 I’d give it maybe a 6 or 7. Maybe the lowest a 5. I don’t know.
The Club DJ: Going back to my last statement, it’s not special… just an album filler.


If you would like to be apart of the next Blast Focus Group just e-mail us at TheGiantBlast@aol.com and we will give you further instructions.


Hear the song yourself and you be the judge by checking out the youtube video here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. I really appreciate the effort of the Author for making this article very effective .This will surely help those people who are desperate in their business.